Adobe Lightroom I - Introduction
Classification: Class, Level 1
Sessions: 3 class sessions, 3 hours in length
Locations and Dates Below: Indianapolis
Editing is the skill that stands between most student's decent photography capabilities and their creation of awe-inspiring images. Adobe Lightroom works in tandem with Photoshop to allow non-destructive edits and photo collection organization. A hands-on workshop through Adobe Lightroom... uniquely from a photographer's perspective. This industry-changing software improves editing efficiency, overhauls photo organization and provides a professional presentation platform for interactions with clients.
The focus of this introductory class is workflow: beginning with camera file formats, downloading, sorting & organizing, editing/developing & finally printing. Lightroom is a groundbreaking software that allows you to sort through many images to find the best ones, then make "batch edits" or quick fixes to get the image ready for Photoshop or print.Topics Covered:
- The Lightroom interface & layout
- File structure
- Workflow overview: Non-destructive, Multiple edits, Virtual copies, Exports copies, Copy settings
- Lightroom Modules:
- Library: Importing images, renaming, keywords, View options, Flagging images (NOTE: Much of class time is spent on Library module so that students can master Lightroom's advance cataloging abilities before delving deeper into the Develop module.)
- Develop: WB, Tone, Presence, Tone curve, HSL/Color, Grayscale, Split toning, Detail, Sharpening, Noise reduction, Chromatic Aberration
- Slideshow: Basics, Export, Printing, exporting for web use and slideshows for clients
Students must have a working knowledge of their camera and basic computer operation in order to get the most out of this course.
Prerequisite: Fundamentals of Photography
Required Equipment: DSLR Camera (Digital Single Lens Reflex), a card reader or cable to connect camera to laptop, a laptop computer and battery charger, tools for taking notes and Lightroom 4.0 software.
Lightroom 4.0 or 3.0 Software - A full-priced copy of Lightroom is not required; a 30-day free trial is available for download from Adobe.com
Registration Deadlines: Thursday, 1 week before 1st session
Only 10 spots per class! Small classes with lots of instructor interaction. Classes fill up very quickly. Enroll today to reserve your spot! If you are interested in class marked "Class Full", please contact us to be added to a waiting list.
|Thursday||August 8 - 22||6:00 - 9:00p||
"I am a brand new lightroom user, so I had virtually no experience with the program. I left the course with an exellent grasp of fundamentals and am looking forward to using the knowledge I gained to better organize and enhance my photographic work. The instructor was enthusiastic and excellent. I highly recommend the course to folks who are new to lightroom. -Recent Student